Friday, January 21, 2011

My Not-So-Secret Love Affair


Remember this kitchen???





That turned into this kitchen??




Well, it is now this kitchen.



We've ripped down the dropped ceiling, ripped down cupboards, painted walls and cabinets, and got new hardware and countertops. The only things that are left is patch the wall on the left, patch the roof and get new lights (the fluorescent lights are making the cabinets look a yellowy color, they are actually are really nice cream. They look way better during the day. I can't wait to rip out those lights) and new floor oh and backsplash. Eventually, I am aiming for black appliances. Which brings me to the point of this blog. My beautiful new addition to the kitchen that cost me more than I would have liked. But now that I am over it, I can let myself love it.


My beautiful black sink.
I know, I know.
I've heard everything about black sinks so you don't need to tell me.
I researched the best kinds, read reviews and did a lot of looking before we bought.
I love it.
I love my green wall too.
I'm glad I took the plunge and went with the color I really wanted
even though it is a darker one.
I'm painting more
which means more blogs in the future.
I just can't wait for the flooring to be done.
That means we will be finished
and it will be beautiful.
I don't know exactly what we are putting down, we have an idea
but what I want looks really good in my head.
Right now though I think we are gonna take a break
until I can get to Lethbridge and buy more paint.
It's addictive I tell ya.


5 comments:

Wilson Family said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Fantastic! Beautiful! Magnificent!

Stephanie said...

it looks fabulous, i LOVE it!
your kitchen is huge and amazing.. jealous.

Crystal HW said...

LOVE the new kitchen.
Renovating makes it more your own. It is addicting! I painted Sam's room, made some tweaks to the bathroom, and now I am working on convincing about some other painting and changes. I look forward to more update posts!!!

The Blandon's said...

Looks great! I wish I could come and see it in person! Way-to-go. That is a lot of work, but so rewarding I bet!

mishel said...

So pretty! I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe now I will be able to turn your tap on! Ha,ha! Your kitchen rocks!